GEST was founded in 2004 with the aim of managing and exercising the activity of tram transport in the Florentine area. The company is 100% owned by the French company RATP Dev, part of the RATP Group, one of the largest groups in the world in the field of public transport.  


GEST S.p.a. was in fact set up by RATP Dev, currently owner of 51% of the share capital of GEST and usufructuary of the remaining 49%, and by ATAF S.p.A., owner of the bare ownership of 49% of the share capital of GEST. GEST Spa (Tramway Service Management) is based in Scandicci, in the province of Florence, and is a company based on the principles of quality, sustainability and transparency.

Since February 2010, the company has been managing the T1 line service, from Scandicci to Florence, with 14 million passengers a year. In 2018 it manages the extension of the line, which became  line T1 "Leonardo" and from 2019 the new line T2 "Vespucci".

The tramway has represented a fundamental turning point for the urban mobility of the Tuscan capital, previously entrusted exclusively to road vehicles. According to the most recent surveys, more than 80% of Florentines were satisfied with the tramway service.

Useful documents and information about our services.

- Gare e Contratti 2013  ;

- Gare e Contratti 2014

- Gare e Contratti 2015

- Gare e Contratti 2016

- Gare e Contratti 2017

- Gare e Contratti 2018

- Gare e Contratti 2019

-Informativa sulla Privacy

- Codice etico

For reports of any violations of the requirements of the model or of the code of ethics or in any case of behavior contrary to the provisions of Legislative Decree 231/2001, to request attachments or to have clarifications or information, it is possible to contact by e-mail at odv @; or via letter to the address: Supervisory Body Gest S.p.a c / o Gest. S.p.a., Via dell’Unità d'Italia, 10 50018 Scandicci - (FI)